There is some talk from other bariatric practices about being “fast-tracked”–getting to the operating room faster. While Colorado Bariatric Surgery Institute (CBSI) is very timely and efficient in determining insurance benefits for our patients, we are very purposeful and vigilant in making certain that all requirements are met prior to scheduling surgery. We like to think of this as providing the “right-track” for our patients.
Right Track Patients
Be Smart About Choosing Your Surgeon
We believe it is very important to not cut corners or you run the risk of receiving sub-standard care. Be smart about how you choose your surgeon and the location for your care. Here are some guidelines to follow: Right Track Patients
- Choose a MBSAQIP Accredited Center (formerly known as ASMBS Centers of Excellence).
- Compare where and how procedures are performed. Is it in the hospital where immediate medical/radiological/ICU care can be implemented if needed? The sleeve and gastric bypass should be performed in the hospital where all resources are available.
- Choose a program that wants to take care of you long-term.
- Choose a program that has a “comprehensive” designation. These centers are being accredited by the American College of Surgeons and must demonstrate quality results to obtain this designation.
- Choose a surgeon with experience and a track record. Many of these centers have surgeons who have started and developed their programs and have very tangible results and excellent outcomes.
At CBSI we prefer to right track patients, suggesting that from the beginning we properly evaluate and work up our patients for surgery and follow them throughout their postoperative care to help them achieve the best possible outcome.
CBSI is an ASMBS Center of Excellence that provides a quality and comprehensive bariatric program dedicated to patients who desire long-term weight loss and improved overall health.